Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rainbow Promises



Our visitors to the Cape are often disappointed if the weather on a particular day doesn't turn out the way they'd hoped, but we tell them that all they have to do is wait, because sooner or later you'll get what you want, be it rain, sunshine, overcast or howling winds.  That's how mercurial the Cape weather is!

Today was just such a day.  A little mist hanging over the mountains, rain showers, golden late afternoon sunshine and suddenly a beautiful rainbow, glimpsed from the tall window in the stairwell. 





I sometimes surprise myself at how quickly I can find my camera and dash back in time to catch a special moment and this was a fleeting one because a few minutes later the rainbow had melted back into the dark clouds.








1 comments:

rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely! I live in a very rainbow-rich area too - which of course means variable weather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails