Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Colour Pink

Last evening, as I was passing the front door, closed on account of the howling south-easter which has now been blowing for a week, I did a double take and a quick pirouette as I saw this really, really pink glow through the glass window.  The trusty camera was at hand and I sprinted down the stairs, no shoes, out the gate and into the road.


Do you know just how painful tarmac can be for bare feet?  Any how, I made it to the steep road which leads up from the city and intersects our road, limped into the middle and took this picture. Cars drove past at ridiculous speeds, it must be said, and heads turned to see the wild-looking woman in old gardening clothes (including, I'm ashamed to say, the most disgraceful shorts).  Hopefully,  I wasn't recognisable with a large camera pressed to my face.


I always moan about the various overhead electricity and telephone cables and how they spoil pictures but then I noticed the interesting and intricate patterns they made against the glorious sky.


And then, within the space of about five minutes, the pink afterglow fled, the evening blue descended and I limped home.

2 comments:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said... [Reply to comment]

The sky here has been grey day in day out so it means every thing to me that you would suffer tarmac to bring me a pink sunset. Thanks Val you made my day.
Warm regards,
Simone

Pretty Things said... [Reply to comment]

I love when the sky surprises me like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails